Monday, October 20, 2008

First of all...

Well, I, along with most everyone else it seems, feel the need to blog now and again so I've decided to set one up. I'm not promising it will be anything of any great merit but it's a place for me to put into writing whatever I happen to be thinking, working on, contemplating, praying about, searching for, or any other cogitation I may have...thus the name. That name could change in the future because I have my crack marketing team (Kevin Lester) working on something more clever as we speak...or as I type, to be technical. Anyway, if you happen to stumble onto my blog, I hope you're not scared away by my complete lack of sense. If you have anything you want to know about, you might want to ask someone else but I'll be happy to act like I know what I'm talking about.

For anyone who doesn't know me, I'm Casey Harpe and I'm an Evangelical Christian. That's a fancy way of saying I love Jesus and I'd love to tell you about Him. I'm a student at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. I recently joined a local church called Grace Church Louisville and I rejoice in that. It's so wonderful to be a part of that church. I am quite obnoxious about grammar and spelling so if you catch a mistake here, you should publicly ridicule me until I fix it. I'm originally from the great state of Georgia in a little town called Gay...yes Gay...and no, I'm not, but I was a Gay Boy Scout. If you don't know anything about Gay, you should Google the "Cotton Pickin' Fair" as it's probably the only thing that keeps Gay on the map. I come from a very loving family and I have many really good friends, both at home and new friends here at school. I guess the bottom line is I love Jesus and my new church home, I love my Mama, and I love my family and friends.

I'm not really sure how much or how often I'll be posting to my blog but my hope is that if you take the time to read it, somehow you might get something from it. It will probably be a way for me to vent whatever is on my mind, so there's no telling what all you might find here. I hope you come by often and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Casey

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." Philippians 4:23

12 comments:

  1. Thanks Casey,

    It is going to be great reading your blog. It will make us feel closer to you while you are away. Know that we are proud of you and that we love you.

    Rennie and Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for my very first comment. I love y'all too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you decided to write a blog. I can't wait to hear more cogitations from a Gay eagle. I hope all is well. I'll send you some pictures of Liam tonight. He is rolling around and just on the verge of crawling. Love, Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casey - you are officially bookmarked... I can't wait for you to regale us with your brilliance.

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always loved reading Penny's blog from Uganda, so I will enjoy one by you. It will be like getting letters from you in the old days. I'm glad you love where you are, and I still miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so EXCITED to be in the loop! Blogging is a stranger to me and I don't know how to bookmark you but, you ARE in my "Favorites" and am looking forward to hearing more from you. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are bookmarked under "Daily Web Sites," in other words, stuff I check everyday. I expect something fresh, new, exciting, and entertaining everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Casey,
    I am so excited about your blog. We haven't been in contact for a long while so this is an awesome way for us to know what's going on in your life. I am so proud of you!! God is doing awesome things in your life as well as in ours. We have 8 children, I am going to school for dental hygiene (yeah going to school at age 33, it's a real challenge), and my fiance and I are also personal trainers. Life does keep us very busy. Hope to hear from you soon. Love and Miss you, Your long lost cousin Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Casey!

    I'm so excited ~ I've never been invited to view a "blog" before! Is that a clue to the extent of my computer knowledge and experience?? Anyway, you are so awesome and I'll be checking out your blog to keep up with what's going on with you. Take care... Betty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for the kind words. A few thoughts:

    Jimbob: I was a Gay Boy Scout but, much to my regret, I never earned the rank of Eagle Scout. I look forward to the pictures and I look more forward to meeting Liam.

    Chris, there are very few things that I actually do EVERY day and I doubt blogging will be added to that list but I do hope to make it a fairly regular occurrence.

    Kellie, WOW! It's great to hear from you and I had no idea you had 8 kids! I know you stay busy with all of them and I know I don't have to tell you, but those kids are a blessing from God!

    Thanks to everyone!
    Grace & Peace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Casey. You're in my bookmarks. This will be way better than Facebook. I hope Kevin's not marketing crack. Maybe a different adjective? We'll keep you on your toes about that grammar thing. Love you. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  12. HaHa, You were a Gay Boy Scout! Well so was I.

    ReplyDelete