Monday, December 1, 2008

Random Thoughts

Every once in a while, I have a random thought. For example, I just thought about how ugly, yet convenient, Velcro shoes can be. Sometimes I write down my random thoughts. Here are 21 more that I’ve had in the not too distant past, along with a few links to related sites:


1. People almost never get pictures developed anymore.

2. I like magnets and small gadgets the best.

3. Regular and caffeine-free taste exactly the same, I don’t care what anyone says.

4. It’s amazing how rude some people can be over a stinkin’ chicken sandwich.

5. I wish books were free.

6. Artists are weird.

7. Nutter Butters are delicious.

8. I know someone from Texas who likes pork bar-b-q better than beef.

9. Name-brand batteries are worth the price.

10. Children make me happy.

11. I keep up with sports a little bit less, every year.

12. Snow is the only thing that can make a junkyard look pretty.

13. I wish I could buy my favorite kind of bread, half a loaf at a time.

14. I have almost no interest in politics.

15. Whoever invented touch-lamps was a genius.

16. Blogs that contain lists are more likely to be read by me.

17. Burns hurt.

18. Dry erase boards are cool…unless you use a permanent marker.

19. I still don’t like text messaging.

20. I wonder what ever happened to Bill Nye, the Science Guy.

21. Breakfast food is good for any meal.


Feel free to leave a comment with some random thoughts you may have had recently. Remember, the “randomer,” the better.

Grace & Peace
CRH

"But when I thought how to understand this, it seemed to me a wearisome task" Psalm 73:16 (ESV)

8 comments:

  1. Tghank goodness, you informed me that burns hurt. I was about to stick my hand into a fire. hahaha!
    Sorry, I had to say it. Nealbert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checked out the Bill Nye link. Guess where he went to school? That's right, Cornell. Cornell is an excellent school. Without its agricultural program, we probably wouldn't have cabbage. At least not modern cabbage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this blog a lot! Those links are real good--you worked hard on this one. That battery trick is amazing and we are not artists so you couldn't have meant me and Sally! You could get me a set of those magnetic thumb tacks for Christmas--those are neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That thing with the battery is fake, by the way. Don't try it, you'll waste even more money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #22. your a retard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, I wish books were free, too. And, you can stop wondering:

    Bill Nye has guest starred in several episodes of the crime drama Numb3rs as an engineering faculty member. A lecture Nye gave several years ago on exciting children about math was an inspiration for creating the
    Numb3rs show. He was a regular in TV Land discussions. He has also made guest appearances on the VH1 reality show America's Most Smartest Model.

    Nye also appears in segments of The Climate Code on The Weather Channel telling his personal ways of saving energy. He still makes regular appearances on the show, often asking quiz questions.

    As of fall 2008, Nye also appears on the daytime game show Who Wants to be a Millionaire, as part of the show's re-introduced "Ask the Expert" lifeline. He also currently hosts Stuff Happens, a show on the new Planet Green network.

    In November 2008, Nye appeared in an acting role as himself in the fifth-season episode "Brain Storm" of Stargate Atlantis alongside television personality and astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson.

    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scott says he still watches Bill Nye the Science Guy. Dad says he will text you his random thoughts. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss Bill Nye the Science Guy.
    That show was/is awesome!

    ReplyDelete