Saturday, January 10, 2009

Prayer Request & New Blog Site

The appearance, web address, and content of my blog will be changing in the near future. My tech support and marketing genius, Kevin Lester, is moving to Louisville in a couple of days just to help me with the changeover, so it should be exciting and forthcoming.

I'm just kidding. Kevin and Tracey Lester are moving up here (Hooray!) but it's not merely to help me with my blog. That's not the primary reason, anyway. Tracey is going to continue her education here at Southern Seminary in the area of Biblical Counseling. She has a semester under her belt, so she and I both have a long way to go.

Please pray for them. Kevin will be searching for a job once they're here and subsequent to finding one, they will be searching for a residence. They have a place to stay temporarily until Kevin can start "winning some bread." Also pray for their families. Understandably, both the Lesters and the Bookers are sad to see their children move away.

As far as the blog goes, I'm trying to come up with a new name. Kevin, the marketing genius, has given me a whole bunch of suggestions and I'd like to get some more. If you have a suggestion, just leave it in a comment. If you don't know how to leave a comment, just email it to me and I'll post a comment for you.

Here are some of the suggestions Kevin has given me so far:

harpesofheaven.com
younggiftedreformed.com (I like this one but I'm not very gifted...or young.)
caseycannotcomeupwithaname.com (obviously)
foghornleghorn.org (I say, read this boy!)
DrAlisMyBuddy.com (Dr. Al Mohler)
bloggingforjesus.org
myfrienddidthis.com
reachingforthehem.com (read Luke 8: 43-48)
seminaryrocks.org
lookouttheresjesus.com

And probably my 4 favorites so far:

nealismyhero.com
listentothedonkey.com (read 2Peter 2:15-16)
readthisorthegiraffegetsit.com (Giraffes are so jealous.)
electedbyunpopularvote.com

Thanks for the prayers and input!
Casey

7 comments:

  1. You are a freaking genius who can't spell genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm- I can't think of any better than the current name. Why change it? I'm so glad K&T are moving to Louisville but I can't mention that around B & W. Y'all have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I way call it thelesterstealers.com
    from: guess who!!! LM I read that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about caseysays.com, or jesusiscomingsoon.com?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Casey!! Yeah we miss Tracey and Kevin already. (and they just left!!!) But we know this is what they feel like the Lord needs them to do at this time. Y'all be good!! I am glad they have a good friend already there to help them get settled. Y'all be good!!

    ReplyDelete