Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Prayer Request

I have another prayer request. Sometimes I feel like all I do is ask God to do stuff or to help people or to heal people and stuff like that. First and foremost, I thank God for His Son, Jesus Christ. I thank Him for who He is, what He did, and the unmerited grace and favor He continues to show me. I am, most assuredly, the wretch mentioned in Amazing Grace. Before we make any request to God, we should rejoice in the Lord and thank Him and worship Him. In his epistle written to the Philippians, the Apostle Paul wrote:

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7

So, it is with much thanksgiving to God and with the understanding that not one of us deserves God's grace, that I ask God to help my dear, sweet friend Jean Ray.

Mrs. Jean is a walking, talking testimony to the power and grace of Jesus Christ. I got a message last night that she has "double pneumonia" and won't be able to visit with her friends in the Internet world for a while. There have been so many problems that she and Mr. Ted have had, yet they remain faithful and loving followers of Christ. They may not know it but they are examples to me. I'm inspired by their faith and love. Through all the hardships they've endured, from multiple health problems including so many allergies that it's hard to count them all, to the threat of job loss, to their son Chris' health problems, to almost anything imaginable, I've never once heard them complain.

The only thing I've ever heard from either of them is praise to God for His many blessings. Some days have been harder than others to endure but both of them will greet you with a smile, even on the worst of days. I hope I can be like them when hardships come. I hope that my attitude remains one of thanksgiving to God. I don't hope these things so the world will think more of me but rather so the world will know the hope that Mrs. Jean, Mr. Ted and I have is from a source foreign to many...the grace and peace and hope we have through our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Please join with me in lifting up the Ray family. Please pray that the Lord would continue to show them His lovingkindness and that He would use them as He has for so long, to be the salt and light in a world of darkness.

Mrs. Jean and Mr. Ted, if you read this, please know that my prayers are with you. Also know that I love you both very much and I am inspired by your faith and witness.

The Peace of Christ to You,
Casey

"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever. Amen." Philippians 4:19-20

3 comments:

  1. Well, that's just great...you've gone and made me cry. I hope that you are satisfied. In all seriousness, thank you for your kind words about my folks and thank you for lifting them up and encouraging others to do the same. It means more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet blog! You are right--I have never known 2 people with stronger faith when the worst things are happening than Jean Ray and Gloria Sistrunk. I will surely KEEP praying for the Ray family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Casey for the prayer request, Jean sure does need it. I was touched reading your story. Without God neither jean or I could be has strong as we are. Jean has always been a strong woman and I know she gets her strength from our Father in heaven.
    I will tell her about your blog and I know it will brighten her day for sure. Thanks for all the kind words. We are very proud of you and how you have turned your life around and doing so good. God sure is good - huh?
    Take care and keep up the great work and again thank you for the prayers for Jean, she just keeps going :) giving praise to God as we both have since my job is up in the air. Our faith will not fail or weaken.
    God bless.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete